Govt. Affiliated Authorities
1. Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi [INC]
The Indian Nursing Council is a national regulatory body for nurses and nurse education in India. It is an autonomous body under the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, constituted by the Central Government.
The function of the council is
- to provide uniformity in nursing education.
- Recognition of nursing qualifications in India
- Granting any nursing qualification: Grants a qualification in general nursing, midwifery, health visiting or public health nursing.
- Indian Nursing Council has the Power to require information as to courses of study and training and examinations
- Inspect any institution recognized as a training institution.
- Withdrawal of recognition: The council may withdraw the recognition an institution recognized by a State Council for the training of nurses, midwives or health visitors, does not satisfy the requirements of the Council.
- Power to make regulations: The Council may make regulations not inconsistent with the Indian Nursing Council Act generally to carry out the provisions of this Act, and in particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers.
2. Haryana Nurses and Nurse Midwives Council, Panchkula (HN&NMC)
Haryana Nurses and Nurse Midwives Council, Panchkula, is formed to control the training and practice with in the state and issue licences to the qualified nurses. A license issued by a council provides assurance to the public that the nurse has met predetermined standards.
The major functions of SNCs are:
- Recognition of Nursing Institution with in the state.
- Registration and Renewal of Licenses for the qualified Nursing personnel
- Reworking of License
3. Haryana Government – Directorate of Medical Educational and Research Haryana (DMER}
The Directorate of Medical Education and Research had been carved out of the Health Department as a separate Directorate on 8th January, 2009 for the up-gradation and expansion of Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Nursing and Paramedical Education under administrative control of Administrative Secretary of the Department of Health & Medical Education.
4. Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak (UHSR}
Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, and establishment in June 2, 2008, The University has been established as state university by Haryana. This university affiliates medical colleges, dental colleges, physiotherapy colleges, ayurvedic colleges, homoepathic colleges, Nursing colleges and pharmacy colleges in Haryana.