SOS Nursing School, Faridabad a community project of SOS Children’s Villages of India has successfully completed its 22 fruitful years with various milestones. The School believes in training nurses and paramedics from all states of India to meet the great challenges of service in the field of health care delivery system. The aim of the school is to empower young women that predominantly opt for nursing and paramedical as a career as well as provide opportunities for the students to acquire and develop ability to think and act independently with full responsibilities as a qualified health team member and as a spiritual human being.
The school has the following courses:
- GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery, 3 years duration) Affiliated with Indian Nursing Council
- ANM (Auxiliary Nurse and midwives, 2 years duration) Affiliated with Indian Nursing Council
- Paramedical courses (Duration 1 year) Affiliated to Bharat Sevak Samaj Vocational Education, Chennai.
- Ortho And Trauma care technician
- Certificate in Dietician
- Lab technician
- Eye technician
- BSS Diploma in Sanitary Health Inspector.
The school is proud to be affiliated with hospitals like Civil Hospital Faridabad, Fortis-Escorts Hospital Faridabad, QRG Health City Faridabad, IHBAS (Institute of human behavior and allied sciences) Delhi, Anand Eye Hospital Faridabad, Prime Ortho and Trauma Centre Hospital Faridabad, Food and Nutrition, Unit NIT, Ministry of Women and Child Development, PHC’S and CHC’S of the districts for various clinical and community postings.
RESULT OF STUDENTS
Passing rates in 2020 for GNM /ANM
- Total passing percentage is 100%
Passing rates in 2020 for PARAMEDICAL COURSES:-
- Total 15 students appeared for examination and 15 got passed. Total passing percentage score is 100%.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL
Total 49 students were graduated from school. SOS Children’s villages children also absorbed into various hospitals
JOB OPPURNITIES FOR STUDENTS GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL
In 2020 - 100% placement for GNM/ANM/Paramedical
The school had 100% placement in the hospitals like Medanta The Medicity, Fortis-Escorts Hospital Faridabad, , Asian Institute of Medical Sciences hospital, Faridabad
ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2020 DONE AT SCHOOL:
January 2021. New Year was celebrated in the nursing school hostel dated on 01/01/2021.
February 2021. World cancer Day was celebrated at Fortis and Civil Hospital, Faridabad with Awareness Role play in OPD area of the Hospital dated on 04/02/2021. Participation in health mela in International Suraj Kund Craft Mela, Faridabad dated on 14/02/2021.
March 2021. International women’s day was celebrated by Poster making and interclass completion on non-fire food in hostel area dated on 08/03/2021.
April 2021. Webinar was organized on World Health day was celebrated in the nursing school dated on 07/04/2020 with theme of WHO for 2021.
May 2021. Webinar was conducted International Nurses day was celebrated in the nursing school dated on 12/05/2021.
June 2021. Nutrition Webinar was organized by the Food and Nutrition Board, Ministry of women and child development, government of India from 24/06/2020 to 28/06/2021. SOS DAY was celebrated at hostel with SOS CV children and staff.
July 2021. Webinar was conducted on World population Day in collaboration Civil hospital. Faridabad in collaboration with Civil Hospital, Faridabad dated on 11/07/2020.
August 2021. Webinar was organized on International Breast feeding week at nursing school on 07/08/2020.
September 2021. Webinar on National nutritional week was celebrated in the nursing school for GNM and ANM batches of students.
October 2021. International Girl Child day was celebrated by conducting interclass poetry competition dated on 11/10/2020..World Mental Health Day was organized and celebrated in the Civil Hospital Faridabad dated on 10/10/2020
November 2021. Webinar was organized on Food and Nutrition- How a balanced meal helps you to stay well nourished!- Defence system and nutrition- Dr Deepti Verma programme head Nutrition VLCC India.
December 2021. Webinar was organized on Worlds AIDS Day in nursing school by conducting role play and display of Charts at respective class rooms dated on 1/12/2020..Online training programme with certification was organized on covid-19 pandemic management in association with PMKK, LEARET SKILLS LTD for all GNM,ANM and staff on 21/12/2020
Nursing School staff had also attended workshops in order to update and refresh their knowledge in their respective subjects and skills as organized by the INC, Sphere India, PMKK, LEARET SKILLS LTD, VLCC India, Food and Nutrition Board, Ministry of women and child development, government of India
INTERACTION WITH THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
- Social Impact Programme with collaboration with FSP Anangpur in Kalayanpuri, Gurukul, are our key focus responsibilityto deliver variety health teaching on monthly basis.
- Major impact on village children and community are Participation in National pulse polio programme, Social Impact programme, community posting in various local villages
- WE- connect sessions also conducted in nursing school for all staff.
Highlight of the school
- 1.Commencement of academic session 2020-21
- Orientation programme was organized on November 3rd 2020 for new joinee ANM and GNM with their parents. PPT presentation was done for them.
- 2. Placements of outgoing students
- Campus requirements of GNM 2019 and 2020 batches at ASIAN Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad., Medinta Medicity Gurugram, Apollo hospital.
- Excellent curriculum planning
- 100% Clinical posting along with classroom teachings
- 100% result for gnm, anm and paramedical
- 3.100% board result for GNM, ANM students appeared in October-
- Ensuring excellent TLA
- Ensuring safety and security of the students
Strengthening social impact programme and brand visibility, Online Training and certification of the staff
- Tied up with IFAN group from Medinta Medicity and Kosuke intern training centre Japan
- Proposal for Up-gradation BSS paramedical one year technician courses to BSS two years diploma Courses in 2022
- Proposal for Up-gradation GNM into BSC in Nursing, degree Course in 2022